10 Nov Harding volleyball sweeps SAU on Senior Night
SEARCY — The Harding volleyball team swept Southern Arkansas 3-0 (25-16, 25-16, 25-16) Tuesday in Great American Conference action at the Rhodes-Reaves Field House.
After the match, the Lady Bisons recognized seniors Amber Robin and Cooper Monn for their contributions to the Harding volleyball program.
Harding improves to 15-8 overall and 11-4 in the GAC.
The Lady Bisons have already sealed their spot in the GAC Tournament held Nov. 18-20 in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Harding will be fighting for seeding the rest of the regular season.
Southern Arkansas falls to 5-20 overall and 1-14 in the GAC.
Harding jumped out to a 7-1 lead in the first set on four kills. Southern Arkansas didn’t get any closer than three the rest of the way as the Lady Bisons won the set 25-16. Harding had 15 kills and hit .353 in the set. Logan Smith led the Lady Bisons with five kills.
Leading 8-6, Harding went on a 5-0 run on three kills to lead 12-7. The Lady Bisons had another run later in the set. Leading 16-12, Harding went on a 7-1 run on five kills to lead 23-13. The Lady Bisons won the set 25-16. Harding had 17 kills and hit .351 in the set. Kellie McKinnon led Harding with four kills.
Southern Arkansas stayed close until midway through the third set. Leading 16-14, Harding went on a 5-0 run on five kills to lead 21-14. The Lady Bisons went on to win the set 25-16. Harding had 14 kills and hit .333 in the set and were led by Logon Smith who had five kills.
– Harding had 46 kills, nine attack errors and hit .346 in the match.
– The Lady Bisons were led by Logon Smith who captured a double-double with 13 kills and 12 digs.
– Emma Winiger had 11 digs for Harding.
– Sarah Morehead had 35 assists and seven digs for the Lady Bisons.
– Southern Arkansas had 34 kills, 16 attack errors and hit .170.
– Victoria White led the Muleriders with 10 kills.
– Samantha Still led the defense with 14 digs.
Harding will play its final regular season match at 6 p.m. tonight when it travels to Arkansas-Monticello.