19 Jun 2012 Sonshine Academy offers summer camps
Need something for your child to do this summer, but can’t commit to a summer long program? Summer camps at Sonshine Academy in Conway might be the answer.
“We have tons of camps still remaining this summer ranging from any type and age of child you have,” said Eric Marsh, assistant business manager. “Gymnastics, dance, sports fitness, trampolines, theater and more with different camps for ages 3 and up.”
The camps include:
- Tumbling Camp – June 25, 27, 29: Tumbling for all levels. Round-offs, cartwheels, back-hand springs, tucks, fulls. For first through 12th grades.
- Dance Camp (K-2nd) – June 25, 27, 29 (three-day camp): Instruction in ballet, tap and jazz.
- Dance Camp (3rd-5th) – June 25–29 (five-day camp): Instruction in ballet, tap and jazz.
- Games Camp – June 26, 28: Where a kid can just be a kid! Active games geared to challenge and wear your kid out.
- Urban Gymnastics/Parkour Camp – July 2, 3, 5, 6: Parkour is a discipline in which the main purpose is to negotiate obstacles in the most creative way possible. Skills include running, jumping, climbing, vaulting, rolling, swinging and tumbling. First grade and older.
- Princess Camp (ages 3-7) – July 2, 3: Dress-up, tea parties, etiquette, dance, poetry, art.
- Boys Hip Hop Camp – July 5, 6: Hip Hop Dance Instruction.
- Boys Sports Fitness Camp – July 9–13: Sports specific skills for football, basketball, soccer, and more. Spatial awareness using trampolines. Flexibility, coordination and agility training. Ages K-12th grade.
- Hip Hop Camp (3rd-5th) – July 9–13: Hip Hop Dance Instruction.
- Hip Hop Camp (6th and older) – July 9–13: Hip Hop Dance Instruction.
- Preschool Gymnastics Camp – July 10, 12: Rolling, climbing, jumping, running, games. Every kind of movement preschoolers love to do. Ages 3 to 5.
- Trampoline Camp – July 16–20: Flips and more flips using trampolines, tumble trampolines and mini trampolines. First through 12th grade.
- Theater Camp – July 16-20: Storytelling, stage movement, dramatic acting and pantomime, audition preparation, stage presence. Ages 3rd through 7th grade.
- Tumbling Camp – July 23, 25, 27: Tumbling for all levels. Round-offs, cartwheels, back-hand springs, tucks, fulls. For 1st – 12th grades.
- Twisting Camp – July 24, 26: Intensive clinic focused solely on twisting skills. Must have tuck or above on the floor to attend.
- Preschool Sports Fitness – July 24, 26: All the fun of gymnastics camp with the added introduction to team sport skills and games. Ages 3 to 5 years old.