13 Oct Results of CBC soccer games against Missouri Baptist
CONWAY – Manny Almaraz’s header in the 71st minute tied Saturday’s American Midwest Conference match for Central Baptist College men’s soccer with the Spartans of Missouri Baptist. CBC (5-6-1, 1-0-1 AMC) would hang on through the final 19 regulation minutes and both over times to force a draw with MBU (4-6-1, 1-1-1 AMC).
The score was tied at halftime, but Missouri Baptist struck first in the second half, taking a 1-0 lead in the 53rdminute. Almaraz’s goal came on a cross from Jesus Lemus, who was in his first match back returning from injury, to tie the score at one. Neither team had any shots on goal in the overtime periods.
- The draw moved CBC’s record all-time against Missouri Baptist to 4-2-3, with all four wins and all three draws coming in the last eight matches
- CBC is now 5-0-1 over their last six matches and 0-2-1 in overtime matches this season
- Almaraz’s goal was the first of his career
- Lemus’ assist was his first of the season and sixth of his career
- Andrew Montoya, who made one save in the match, broke the all-time minutes played record today, playing all 110 minutes, giving him a career total of 4,454, breaking Chance Murphy’s record of 4,399 since minutes for goalkeepers started being tracked in 2010.
- Carlos Beltran played in his 67th career match as a Mustang, moving him into a tie for fourth all-time
CONWAY – Playing an American Midwest Conference contest at home for the first time this season, Central Baptist College women’s soccer hosted the Spartans of Missouri Baptist on Saturday at the Centennial Soccer Complex. CBC (2-9, 1-2 AMC) couldn’t get off a shot and lost 4-0 to MBU (6-6, 4-0 AMC).
Bailey Walerczyk had five saves in goal for the Mustangs. CBC trailed 1-0 at halftime before losing for the eighth time to MBU.
You can find coverage of both men and women’s soccer matches at @gocbcmustangs on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.