15 Nov 2023 GAC Regular Season Champions defeat Arkansas-Monticello
MONTICELLO, Ark. – The Harding volleyball team swept Arkansas-Monticello 3-0 (25-15, 25-15, 25-17) last Thursday in Great American Conference action.
With the win, Harding will share the GAC Regular Season Title with Oklahoma Baptist with both finishing with a 13-3 GAC record. The Lady Bisons defeated Oklahoma Baptist in Searcy earlier this season so Harding has the tie breaker and will be the No. 1 seed in the GAC Tournament held November 16-18 in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Harding will face the No. 8 seed Southeastern Oklahoma in the first round and will play Thursday, November 16 at 3 p.m., at Bank OZK Arena.
Harding improves to 18-10 overall and finishes with a 13-3 GAC record.
Arkansas-Monticello ends its season with a 1-26 overall and 1-14 in the GAC.
Trailing 2-0 in the first set, Harding went on a 6-1 run on two aces and two kills to lead 6-3. After an Arkansas-Monticello point, Harding went on a 9-1 run on three kills to lead 15-5. The Lady Bisons went on to win the set 25-15. Harding had 11 kills, only two attack errors and hit .310 in the set.
Harding jumped out to a 7-2 lead in the second set. Leading 14-9, the Lady Bisons went on a 9-1 run on two aces, two kills and two blocks to lead 23-10. Arkansas-Monticello answered back with a 5-0 run but the Lady Bisons got a service error and kill by Chloe Ingersoll to win the set 25-15. Harding forced eight Arkansas-Monticello attack errors in the set.
Arkansas-Monticello took a 5-2 lead in the third set before Harding got things going. The Lady Bisons answered back with an 11-2 run on two aces, two kills and two blocks to lead 13-7. Leading 17-14, Harding had a kill and forced three Blossom attack errors to lead 21-14. The Lady Bisons went on to win the set 25-17. Arkansas-Monticello had nine attack errors in the set.
- Harding had 30 kills, 11 attack errors and hit .207 in the match.
- Logan Smith-Morgan and Chloe Ingersoll led the Lady Bisons with six kills.
- Harding had 47 digs in the match. Every player that played had a least one dig.
- The Lady Bisons had nine service aces in the match. Logan Smith-Morgan had a career-high five aces to lead Harding.
- Arkansas-Monticello had 25 kills, 21 attack errors and hit .041 in the match.
- Natalie white led the Blossoms with nine kills.
- Arkansas-Monticello had 47 digs in the match with Jasmine Welton and Stasha Adams each having 12.