06 Oct 2021 CBC wins fifth in a row in rout of Ecclesia
CONWAY — Playing in their final non-conference match of the season last Friday, Central Baptist College men’s soccer hosted the Royals of Ecclesia at Centennial Soccer Complex. CBC (5-6) won their fifth match in a row, leading 3-0 at halftime and cruising to a 5-1 win over EC (2-8).
Andrea Migliozzi, Nyasha Dube and Dan Mondragon were the goal-scorers in the match while Mondragon, Carlos Beltran, Callum Bisset, Jesse Garcia and Marcos Pires all had assists. Andrew Montoya made three saves in net.
CBC started the scoring quickly as Miglozzi put the Mustangs on the board in the 12th minute on assists from Beltran and Bisset. Less than five minutes later, Mondragon scored unassisted to make it 2-0 and Migliozzi would add his second goal in the 32nd minute on assists from Beltran and Garcia to make it 3-0, which CBC would carry into halftime. In the second half, Dube scored twice, the first time in the 54th minute on an assist from Mondragon and the second time in the 84th minute on an assist from Pires.
- Migliozzi’s brace gave him eight goals on the season, one ahead of Chris Orellana for the team lead
- Dube now has three goals this season
- Mondragon’s goal was his fourth
- Beltran now has four assists this season and 10 for his career, moving him into 10th place all-time
- Mondragon’s assist was his fifth this season
- Bisset now has a team-high eight assists
- Garcia registered his fifth
- Pires now has three assists
- CBC has outscored opponents 33-3 during their current five-match winning streak
- The five-match winning streak ties the 2017 team for the second longest all-time (11 by the 2007 team)
- Andrew Montoya now has 230 saves in his career, the second most all-time and he extended his goalkeeper wins record with his 16th
- This was the 38th match in which CBC has scored at least five goals
- The 39 goals CBC has scored this season is the most since 2012, when they also scored 39
- This was the 46th occurrence that CBC has scored at least three goals in half and the sixth time this season
- CBC is 4-1 this year when they score at least three goals and 77-7-2 all-time on those occasions
- The Mustangs are now 2-0 against Ecclesia, after also beating the Royals 3-2 last year.
CBC’s next match is Saturday Oct. 9 at home against AMC foe Missouri Baptist. Kickoff is slated for 3 p.m. and you can like and follow @gocbcmustangs on Facebook and Twitter and @cbcmsoccer on Instagram for updates on men’s soccer’s progress this season.