21 Dec 501 LIFE publishes January edition
The January “New Year, New You” issue of 501 LIFE is hitting the streets.
“There is much to celebrate this time of year as we look fondly back on 2015 and look ahead with excitement for what the new year will bring,” said 501 LIFE Publisher/Editor Sonja J. Keith.
This edition celebrates this special time of year with a variety of stories to help readers get the new year off on the right foot – from Karl Lenser’s tips on how to make 2016 a healthy one (Page 46) to great suggestions on managing stress (Page 44-45).
“We are also celebrating a special group of student-athletes in this issue who are making contributions on and off the basketball court – members of this year’s 501 Basketball Team.”
As 501 LIFE looks ahead to 2016, readers are encouraged to help make the new year one that is filled with kindness with a few suggested resolutions:
• Say thank-you to someone who has had an impact on your life – by phone, visit or handwritten note.
• Help those in need by volunteering to work at a non-profit organization or church.
• Help feed the hungry by donating to local food banks and pantries. Or seek out opportunities, like the Hunger Endowment Fund through the Faulkner County affiliate of the
Arkansas Community Foundation, to make a financial gift that will help others forever.
• Contact a local senior center or nursing home to see what volunteer opportunities exist to help the elderly.
• Thank a veteran for his/her military service to our country.
“No matter your resolution for 2016, our hope is that we all can be “the best” version of our self as we enter a new year.”