14 Mar United Way offering grants
Non-profit agencies that meet basic human needs in Faulkner, Perry and Van Buren counties are invited to apply for grant funding through the United Way of Central Arkansas. The application for community investment grants is available at uwcark.org/2019-agency-application.
The United Way of Central Arkansas’ grant process is completely online.
To be eligible for a grant, agencies must:
- Be a not-for-profit corporation
- Have IRS and State of Arkansas income tax exempt status
- Have filed IRS form 990 in the last 18 months
- Have had a Certified Public Accountant conduct an annual or bi-annual audit
- Offer human service programs to the residents of Faulkner, Perry and/or Van Buren County
- Have a non-discriminatory policy as to age, race, sex, religion and national origin for board, staff, volunteers and clients
- Have sound financial and program management
- Be represented by an active board of directors
- Written policies on board membership and governance in bylaws
- Have at least one part-time or full-time paid employee
The grant submission deadline is 11:59 p.m. Monday, April 1. After the application deadline, agencies will be asked to host a site visit and send a representative to be interviewed by the United Way Board of Directors. Grants will be awarded for one year. Those agencies selected will be notified by email.
For more information, contact United Way Executive Director Maret Cahill-Wicks at 501.327.5087 or firstname.lastname@example.org.