14 Oct 2017 United Way of Central Arkansas offers free tax preparation
United Way of Central Arkansas has decided to offer free tax preparation.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) is an IRS program that offers free tax help to people who generally make $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
United Way of Central Arkansas is seeking volunteers to train for the different positions needed to produce a United Way Free Tax Preparation Super Saturday as well as to man the main site that will be at the United Way office, 1120 Oak St.
The Super Saturday will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Feb. 3, at UCA’s Brewer-Hegeman for residents in the community who make $54,000 or less can come to have their taxes done.
The volunteer positions and training times:
- Greeter: approximately 1 hour training
- Tax preparer: 2 days of training
- Quality reviewer: 2 days of training
- Intake/assistor/administrative assistant: approximately 1 hour training
- Runner: approximately 1 hour training
- Interpreter: approximately 1 hour training
- Site coordinator: 2 days of training
For more information, visit uwcark.org/volunteer or call 501.327.5087.