29 Jan United Way of Central Arkansas offers free tax preparation
United Way of Central Arkansas will offer free tax preparation to residents in Central Arkansas.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) is an IRS program that offers free tax preparation to households that make $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities and taxpayers that speak limited English and need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
United Way of Central Arkansas will first offer VITA services at United Way Free Tax Preparation Super Saturday. It will be held 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Feb. 3 at UCA Brewer-Hegeman Conference Center. Childcare and translation services will be available.
Services and vendors that will be available at the event include:
- Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship Program (scholarship opportunities)
- Arkansas Coding Academy (information about this educational opportunity)
- Faulkner County Council on Aging (senior services)
- Community Action Program of Central Arkansas (CAPCA/providing information about programs to assist lower income families in their transition out of poverty)
- Hope and Compassion (drug addiction education)
- Women’s Shelter of Central Arkansas
- Salvation Army (Pathway of Hope information)
- Conway Cradle Care (FREE childcare for children 10 and under)
- Arkansas Department of Workforce Services
- Walgreens (free health assessments and prescription discounts)
- Arkansas Cancer Coalition (smoking cessation)
- Arkansas Hunger Relief Alliance (SNAP applications)
- Judge Troy Braswell (Compassion Court)
- Doug Isanhart (Budgeting 101)
- First Security Bank (credit counseling and new home buyer education)
- Crews & Associates (general investment information)
- Bank of the Ozarks (opening bank accounts)
- First Service Bank (opening bank accounts)
- Smoothie King (samples)
- Centennial Bank (Centennial grill masters and greeters)
United Way of Central Arkansas will also offer free tax preparation from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, Feb. 5, through Friday, April 13. Residents can drop off their taxes at the United Way office located at 1120 W. Oak St. by appointment only. All tax preparation services are free of charge. To make an appointment, visit uwcark.org/free-tax-prep or call 501.327.5087.
United Way of Central Arkansas would like to thank the following sponsors: Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation, Conway Corp., Nabholz, Adcock Family Foundation, Virco, TriTechne Inc., Trinity, First Service Bank, Farris Agency, Bank of the Ozarks, Arvest, Centennial Bank, University of Central Arkansas, Michelle Phillips CPA, First Security Bank, Simmons Bank and Southern Bancorp.