17 Sep UCA plans homecoming Oct. 23-28
The University of Central Arkansas will celebrate Homecoming 2017 from Monday, Oct. 23, through Saturday, Oct. 28.
This year’s homecoming is a chance to celebrate 110 years of institutional history, which is reflected by the theme, “110 Years of UCA.” The university was founded in 1907 as Arkansas State Normal School, and the school’s name changed two additional times before the final name change to the University of Central Arkansas in 1975.
“We have something special to celebrate with it being UCA’s 110th year,” said Maria Kramer, associate director of Alumni Relations. “This year marks the half-century reunion of the class of 1967, the first graduates of the State College of Arkansas after its name was changed from Arkansas State Teachers College.”
Conway Regional Health System is the corporate partner of Homecoming 2017 for the second consecutive year.
Events for the week include returning favorites such as the Bear Bash and new ones such as the Young Alumni Night. All events are designed to engage alumni of all ages with their alma mater.
The week culminates with a football game between the Central Arkansas Bears against Southland Conference rival McNeese State.
“The memories our students and alumni will create during Homecoming 2017 will be some of the fondest of their time here at UCA,” said Brandon Price, coordinator of Student Organizations and University Events.
To RSVP or purchase tickets and to see a complete schedule of all organization-sponsored events, visit uca.edu/homecoming.
A partial list of events is included below:
Monday, Oct. 23
- Homecoming Welcome Booths – 8:45 p.m. Mashburn Hall and the corner of Augusta Avenue and Bruce Street
- College Square Pep Rally – 3 p.m. College Square Retirement Community
Tuesday, Oct. 24
- Pep Rally – 7 p.m. Farris Center
Wednesday, Oct. 25
- Young Alumni Night – 6-8 p.m. Flyway Brewing Company Little Rock
Thursday, Oct. 26
- Presidential Investiture – 2 p.m. Reynolds Performance Hall
- Movie Night – 7 p.m. Student Center Ballroom
Friday, Oct. 27
- Greg Hunt Memorial Golf Tournament* – 8:30 a.m. Nutters Chapel Golf & Country Club
- Homecoming Greek Step Show – 7 p.m. Farris Center
- Alumni & Friends Reception* – 7 p.m. Conway Country Club
Saturday, Oct. 28
- Half-Century Club Induction & Brunch* – 9:30 a.m. McCastlain Hall
- Bear Bash* – 2 p.m. Buffalo Alumni Hall
- Homecoming Coronation Parade (sponsored by Nationwide) – 3:30 p.m. Bruce Street
* Denotes ticket or RSVP required.