23 Mar UACCM closes campus, extends online classes
The University of Arkansas Community College at Morrilton will extend online delivery for all classes through Friday, April 17, due to the ongoing outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Following the recommendations of the University of Arkansas System, UACCM will also postpone its May 15 spring commencement until after June 1. All graduates of the spring 2020 semester are encouraged to make plans to attend the future ceremony.
Campus operations will also close through Friday, April 17, with staff and faculty moving to telecommuting.
- All UACCM courses will be offered online through Friday, April 17.
- In-person classes are tentatively scheduled to resume on Monday, April 20. This is subject to change.
- Summer and fall registration for new students, originally scheduled on March 30, will be postponed. Appointments already scheduled with UACCM Academic Advising will be rescheduled.
- The Earle Love Child Care Center is closed and is scheduled to reopen on Monday, April 20.
- All UACCM Adult Education Centers are closed and will reopen on Monday, April 20.
- The UACCM Academic Commons will continue to offer its tutoring resources through online or Blackboard Collaborate.
- All non-nursing classes during May Intersession are canceled.
- Community education classes are canceled through April 17.
The health and safety of our campus community are top priorities at the UACCM.
While no members of the UACCM community have been diagnosed with COVID-19, the college continues to closely monitor the coronavirus through information released by reliable, trusted sources such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Department of State, the World Health Organization and the Arkansas Department of Health.
UACCM will continue to update the college’s website – uaccm.edu – as quickly as possible.