Jun 30, 2014 Subscriptions on sale July 7 for UCA Public Appearances
Subscriptions go on sale to the general public Monday, July 7, for the 2014-15 season of the UCA Public Appearances, which is celebrating its 15th season in the Donald W. Reynolds Performance Hall at the University of Central Arkansas.
The season features a slate of 18 events.
In honor of the anniversary, a Best of Reynolds series, including three favorites from the previous 14 seasons, has been added to the lineup. That series will include Straight No Chaser on Wednesday, Oct. 29; An Evening with Colin Mochrie & Brad Sherwood on Saturday, Nov. 15; and An Evening with Ricky Skaggs on Saturday, Jan. 24.
501 LIFE is the sponsor of the Best of Reynolds series.
“This season offers our students and community members some amazing entertainment options at Reynolds Performance Hall,” said Amanda Horton, director of UCA Public Appearances. “Each series features legendary artists along with some cutting edge performances from the worlds of music, dance and theatre. We are also excited about celebrating our 15th Anniversary Season by bringing back some crowd favorite events. This is going to be a wonderful year of spectacular performances that celebrate where we have been with our Best of Reynolds Series and offer new audience experiences through acts like Blue Man Group and Sister Act.”
As usual, the season will also include Broadway, Pops and Night Out Series and two lectures.
The season includes:
Best of Reynolds – 15th Anniversary Celebration (Presented by 501 LIFE)
• Straight No Chaser, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 29.
• An Evening with Colin Mochrie & Brad Sherwood, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 15.
• An Evening with Ricky Skaggs, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 24.
• Sister Act, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 23, presented by B98.5 FM
• A Christmas Carol, 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 7, presented by KARN 102.9 FM
• 7 Brides for 7 Brothers, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 16, presented by KARN 102.9 FM
• The Great Gatsby, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 24, presented by the Log Cabin Democrat
• Steve Azar & Deana Carter, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 25, presented by Y107
• Ballroom with a Twist, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 22, presented by Women’s Inc.
• An Evening with Randy Newman & the Conway Symphony Orchestra, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 20, presented by the Log Cabin Democrat
• The Texas Tenors, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, April 18, presented by Conway Printing Company
Night Out Series
• Blue Man Group, 7:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 3, presented by the Log Cabin Democrat
• Cirque Mechanics presents Pedal Punk, 7:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 17, presented by Alice 107.7 FM
• The Harlem Gospel Choir, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 19, presented by Power 92 FM
• Women of Ireland, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 3.
• Common, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 18, presented by Power 92 FM
• Jessica Fellowes, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 5, presented by Arkansas Times
Special Family Show
• The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley, 3 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 5, presented by B98.5
Single tickets will go on sale to the general public Monday, Aug. 11. Patrons who have purchased a series subscription may purchase individual tickets during subscriber courtesy week Monday, Aug. 4, through Friday, Aug. 8.
This year patrons may once again subscribe to their choice of the Night Out Series, Broadway Series or Pops Series. They may also subscribe to the Performing Arts Package, which combines all 12 events in the Night Out, Broadway and Pops series. A new Pick-6 option allows anyone who donates at the Star Player level ($100-plus) and above to create their own six-event season ticket, picking any six events from the Broadway, Pops, Night Out series and Best of Reynolds.
To purchase a subscription package, call 501.450.3265 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, beginning Monday, July 7. Individual tickets may be purchased online at uca.edu/reynolds or by calling 501.450.3265 beginning Monday, Aug. 11.