21 Oct 2012 Salvation Army taking Christmas applications
The Salvation Army in Conway is taking applications through Friday for Christmas assistance for residents of Cleburne, Faulkner, Perry and Van Buren counties.
Applications are being accepted 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. for low income families with children ages 12 and younger for Christmas gifts as well as those needing food assistance.
These are the only signup days and there will be no make-up days.
The Salvation Army of Conway is located at 950 Carson Cove, Suite 106.
All applicants must bring:
- A photo ID for the head of household (driver’s license or state ID).
- Proof of residence – (one of the following) utility bill, phone bill, rental agreement or mail that matches an ID with zip codes.
- Proof of household income – (one of the following) a paycheck stub, unemployment documentation, food stamps documentation or any documentation that shows how you maintain your household.
- Proof of all monthly expenses (rent receipts, utility bills, etc.)
- Proof of children – (one of the following) TANF papers, birth certificate, shot records that show DOB, any legal form that has your name and the child’s name and DOB (Social Security cards will NOT be accepted as proof that this is your child).
- Proof that child (or children) has the same address as the head of household such as Medicaid form, report cards, shot records or lease agreement.
- Clothing/shoe sizes for all children (12 and under).
- Gift suggestions for all children (12 and under)*
Note: Applicants should not bring children to apply as they will not be allowed to register. Also, gifts are purchased at the discretion of sponsors. The Salvation Army only provides sponsors with suggestions. It is ideal to keep suggested gifts at $30 or less.
For more information, call 501.329.1712 and ask for Lt. Jamie Clay or Katie Moseby.