11 Feb Malvern chamber hosts annual awards banquet
The Malvern/Hot Spring County Chamber of Commerce recently hosted its 2018 awards banquet.
Randy Zook, president and chief executive officer of the Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce was the keynote speaker. The Presenting Sponsor was Sykes.
This year’s 10 award winners were:
- Law Officer of the year – Shane Davis with Rockport Police Department. The award is sponsored by the Malvern Lions Club.
- Firefighter of the year – Jimmy Crain. The award is sponsored by Bill Scrimshire.
- Healthcare/Emergency Responder of the year – Terry Eubanks, emergency management coordinator for Hot Spring County. The award is sponsored by McClure Real Estate.
- Young Person of the year – Christina Harris, a senior at Malvern High School. The award is sponsored by Bank of the Ozarks.
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Joe Keith. The award is sponsored by Diamond Lakes Federal Credit Union.
- Educator of the year – Jennifer Shnaekel, principal at Malvern High School.
- Manager of the year – Sylvia Keen. The award is sponsored by Southern Bancorp.
- Business of the year – Western Sizzlin of Malvern, Mike and Sandra Bailey. The award is sponsored by Malvern National Bank.
- Kristi Parker Norris Community Service Award – Allen Pulley. The award is sponsored by The Malvern Daily Record.
- Chamber Person of the year – Tony Jenkins. The award is sponsored by the Chamber and chosen by the Chairman.