26 Oct First Electric members fund donations to 16 nonprofits
First Electric Cooperative’s member-supported Operation Round-Up program awarded $17,000 to 16 local organizations in October. Members who enroll in Operation Round-Up volunteer to have their electric bill rounded up to the next even dollar amount each month. They have donated more than $1.23 million for local service organizations and scholarships for high school seniors since 1998. Members may enroll by calling 800-489-7405 or looking under the “Community” tab at www.firstelectric.coop.
Recipients by county include:
• Arkansas County Single Parent Scholarship, $1,000.
• Margie’s Haven House, $1,000.
• Cleburne County Historical Society, $1,000.
• Cleburne County Aging Program, $1,500.
• Cleburne County 18 & Under Fishing Championship Scholarship, $1,000.
• Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Faulkner County, $1,000.
• Hot Springs Village Walk for Cancer Research, $2,000.
• CASA of Lonoke County, $1,000.
• Lonoke County Fair, $1,000.
• The CALL of Lonoke and Prairie Counties, $500.
• Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Perry County, $1,000.
• Pulaski County Youth Services, $1,000.
• Literacy Action of Central Arkansas, $1,000.
• Shaw Fire Protection District, $1,000.
• Saline County Safe Haven, $1,000.
• White County Single Parent Scholarship Fund, $1,000.
First Electric serves more than 98,000 active accounts throughout 18 counties in central and southeast Arkansas. The cooperative’s headquarters is located in Jacksonville with full-service offices in Bryant, Heber Springs, Perryville and Stuttgart. For more information, call 800-489-7405 or visit www.firstelectric.coop or www.facebook.com/FirstElectric.