15 May 2017 Dare to be Aware coming May 20
What do a smoking house, car seat checks and superheroes have in common?
The answer is “Dare to be Aware,” a free injury prevention event that is being hosted by Conway Regional Health System from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 20.
“We want this to be a fun activity for families that improves awareness of some of the hazards that can send people to the Emergency Department. As a member of the Arkansas Trauma System, we are focused on improving trauma awareness,” said Lauren Castleberry, RN, trauma coordinator for Conway Regional.
Conway Regional is a Level III Trauma Center as part of the Arkansas Trauma System. May is also National Injury Prevention Awareness Month.
The event will bring together a number of civic-minded organizations and individuals including:
• Conway Fire Department, smoke house and tours of a fire engine
• Car seat checks by UAMS
• Conway Regional Emergency Services, trauma awareness
• MEMS, ambulance tours
• Conway Police Department, alcohol awareness simulations
• Faulkner County Sherriff’s Office, injury prevention awareness
• Appearances by superheroes, such as social media’s Little Rock Batman.
There will also be prize giveaways for families. The event will be held in the parking area across from the Conway Regional Emergency Department, located at 2302 College Ave.