07 Apr Conway HOSA students win awards
The Conway High School HOSA (Health Occupation Students of America) chapter recently won numerous awards at the statewide competition held in Hot Springs.
Greimante Garner won first place in the Prepared Speaking competition and was elected Arkansas HOSA vice president.
Other students winning awards:
- Kyle McCreary, Fazion Cheema, Tanner Thomason – first place – Biomedical Debate.
- Andrew Patterson and Emily Keith – first place – EMT.
- Emily Rice and Courtney Jordan – first place – Health Education.
- Casey Slayton, Outstanding HOSA Chapter.
- Anna Dearasaugh, Arkansas HOSA State Pin Design.
- Carissa Ansel – second place – Transcultural Health Care.
- Abby Bryant and Drake Rea – third place – CPR/FA.
- Rebecca Hutcherson – second place – Epidemiology.
- Samantha Losten – second place – Pathophysiology.
First-place finishers have the opportunity to represent the Conway Area Career Center at the National HOSA Leadership Conference this summer in Orlando, Fla.