10 Feb 2013 CBC Homecoming planned Feb. 15-16
Homecoming festivities are scheduled at Central Baptist College on Friday, Feb. 15, and Saturday, Feb. 16.
Graduates and friends of the college will also have an opportunity to tour the new David T. Watkins Academic Building.
“I am happy to extend an invitation to all CBC alumni and friends to join us on Feb. 15 and 16 for Homecoming 2013,” said CBC President Terry Kimbrow. “I can’t wait to host alumni and friends on campus as you have the opportunity to see how God is working through Central Baptist College!”
Kenneth Brown will be recognized as the Distinguished CBC Alumnus and Maria Edwards as the Outstanding Young Alumnus during homecoming. Brown attended CBC from 1952-54 and was the college’s first student. Edwards graduated from CBC in 2002 with a bachelor of science degree in Christian counseling. She is the executive director of Life Choices in Conway.
Homecoming activities get under way with tailgating from 4:30 to 6 p.m. Friday at the A.R. Reddin Fieldhouse parking lot. There will be free hamburgers and hot dogs for CBC students, alumni and friends.
The Lady Mustangs will play Haskell Indian Nations at 5:30 p.m., followed by the men’s game at 7:30 p.m.
On Saturday activities include:
- Self-guided tours of the David T. Watkins Academic Building from 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m.
- Half Century Club Inductions – an inaugural event at CBC – at 9 a.m. in the Ronald V. Mitchell Lecture Hall. Those who graduated more than 50 years ago will be honored at the event. (Individuals are asked to RSVP at 501.205.8826 or [email protected].)
- A reunion of alumni from 1962 through 1972 is planned at 10 a.m. in the Mitchell lecture hall.
- A library construction announcement is scheduled at 11 a.m. at J.E. Cobb Library.
- The CBC Alumni and Friends Luncheon is planned at 11:30 a.m. in the CBC dining hall. The program includes guest speaker Judy Wallace and recognition of both distinguished alumni. The cost is $10 per adult and $5 for children under 12. Those attending are encouraged to bring a piece of CBC for a memorabilia contest during the luncheon. (RSVP for the luncheon at 501.205.8870 or [email protected].)
- Young Alumni Reunion – 2 p.m. in the Ronald V. Mitchell Lecture Hall for graduates from 2007-2012.
Festivities will conclude with the CBC women’s and men’s basketball teams playing Central Christian College at 3 and 5 p.m., respectively. The homecoming court will be recognized and the queen crowned between the games.
For more information, visit cbc.edu.