22 Oct 2014 app of the month: Tales2Go
by Brittany Gilbert
Free Trial/$9.99 a month/$99 a year
Tales2Go is an audio-book app, like Netflix, that streams thousands of kid’s audio books to desktops, laptops and mobile devices.
Parents, grandparents, teachers and more can use this app in a variety of settings, including on the road for a family trip. Titles range from classics like “Curious George” to “Junie B. Jones” and “Diary of a Wimpy Kid.”
Catalog options are categorized by different topics such as age, grade level, genre, characters and series, kids music and even books for parents.
There is an initial free period to check out the options and see if this app is something that would work for you. After 30 days, you can either pay by the month or get an annual subscription in order to maintain unlimited access to this digital library.
- Thousands of books for a small price compared to buying individual titles.
- Free trial to check out the library.
- Wide variety of titles.
- Up to five users for each account.
- Some reviews mention issues loading the material.
- I know that they are audiobooks, but I think it would be nice for some of the titles to include the words so that the kids could follow along.
- Would like to see an even cheaper entry point to the subscription.
Brittany Gilbert is a former FACS teacher at Maumelle High School. She and her husband, Levi, have two sons and live in Conway. Brittany can be reached at [email protected].