14 Nov 2018 (501) Make Me Over!
The new year will bring fun and excitement for two individuals selected for a special makeover.
501 LIFE, along with a number of local sponsors, is rolling out a makeover giveaway.
“Your winning partner can be your best friend, spouse, family member or anyone you love who lives in the 501 area code,” said Donna Spears, co-publisher of 501 LIFE.
To enter, write a short essay (no more than 800 words) and explain why organizers should choose you and your friend. Videos and photographs may also be submitted with the entry.
It is simple and free to register. Complete and submit the digital form below, or pick up a form at the 501 LIFE office, 701 Chestnut St., Downtown Conway.
The entry deadline is Monday, Dec. 31. Winners will be announced after the first of the year and will be featured during and after the makeover process.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES, TERMS, AND CONDITIONS.
1. 501 Advertising and Publishing, L.L.C. (hereinafter “501”) is the primary sponsor of the 501 Make Me Over contest.
2. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE STATE OF ARKANSAS, AGE 13 OR OLDER, RESIDING IN THE CENTRAL ARKANSAS AREA. ALL MINOR CHILDREN DESIRING TO ENTER MUST HAVE PRIOR APPROVAL FROM THEIR PARENT OR GUARDIAN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
3. HOW TO ENTER. The Contest nominations are accepted starting on Thursday, Nov. 15, 2018, and entries must be received by midnight on Monday, Dec. 31, 2018. There is no fee to submit an entry. By submitting an entry to the Contest, each entrant agrees to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules, Terms, and Conditions, and acknowledges the decisions of 501 shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. It’s FREE and simple to register. Entries can be submitted online at https://501lifemag.com/501-make-me-over or can be mailed or dropped off at 501 Life, 701 Chestnut St., Conway, AR 72032. Entries should include the names, addresses, phone numbers and email address for the two individuals being nominated as well as an explanation – 800 words or less on “Why I need a 501 Life makeover.” DVDs and photographs will also be accepted with the nomination.
4. QUALIFIED ENTRIES. To be qualified for the Contest, an entry must submit the above requested information to be considered in the 501 Make Me Over Contest. All entries of any minor persons must include the contact information for the minor’s parent or guardian. All entries must be received prior to the deadline and meet with 501’s approval.
5. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to individual legal residents of Arkansas who are age 13 and over and reside in the central Arkansas area. The winners are expected to receive treatment, therapies and other aspects of the makeover in the Faulkner County, Ark. The winners must provide for their own time, expense, and transportation to participate in the makeover sessions. 501 has complete discretion to accept or reject entries based upon current residence of the entrant. 501 shall consider the entrant’s physical address and has full discretion to exclude entries if 501 determines the entrant’s residence is too far from the Conway area to successfully complete the entire makeover program. To be selected as the winner of the Contest, all minors must have written permission from their parent or guardian, and their parent or guardian must acknowledge adherence to the Contest Rules. In order to ensure winners are healthy enough to participate in the makeover sessions, and to be selected as a winner of the Contest, the entrants must complete a physical and provide 501 with a copy of the physical results, signed by a licensed physician. The Winners must agree to disclose and share the results of the physical with sponsors upon sponsor’s request. 501 reserves the right to verify and confirm entrants’ ages and compliance with other eligibility requirements. Entrants may be required to submit further information to assist in the judges’ verification of eligibility. 501 will not contact any minors directly unless authorized to do so by the minor’s parent or guardian.
6. WINNER SELECTION. Selection will commence at the time the Contest begins and continue until all entries submitted prior to the Contest end time have been reviewed. 501 will commission a Selection Committee that will be responsible for selecting the winners. The Selection Committee will select two (2) Contest Winners, based on the following criteria: (a) uniqueness; (b) merit; (c) character; and (d) overall worthiness. The Contest Winners will be notified on or after the first of the year, 2019. The Contest Winners will be required to sign and return within five (5) business days of receipt a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility and any other documents that 501 may reasonably require. If a Contest Winner does not reply to any notification within forty-eight (48) hours, or fails to return any required documentation within five (5) business days of delivery to the Contest Winner, such Contest Winner may, in the sole discretion of 501, be disqualified and an alternate Contest Winner may be selected.
7. PRIZE. Two (2) Contest Winners will receive a makeover comprised of various services provided by the Contest Sponsors. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of right to receive prizes is permitted, except in the discretion of 501, which reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prize consists only of items expressly specified in these Official Rules. Winner agrees to accept and participate in all sponsored activities, and acknowledges that 501 shall not provide for any expenses resulting from Winner’s participation such as mileage or time off of work. The Winner shall actively participate in all health and wellness activities recommended by the healthcare sponsors. All recommended activities shall be recommended by healthcare professionals and based upon their medical expertise and not that of 501. Winner must agree to participate in the makeover for the entire duration 501 requires, and agrees to cooperate with 501 to produce the information and photographs necessary for the Contest conclusion.
8. GRANT OF RIGHTS. By submitting an entry, the entrants grant to 501 a non-exclusive, assignable, perpetual, license to produce, publish, distribute, transmit, exhibit, exploit, and license the Story and any portions thereof in any format (collectively “distribute” or “distribution,” as applicable) by any and all means, uses and media, whether audio, print, audiovisual or otherwise, now or hereafter known, throughout the universe in all languages. Entrant further agrees that 501 shall have the first right to distribute the Story unless 501 waives that right, in writing. Entrant retains the copyright and all other rights in the work.
9. ENTRANT REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, INDEMNIFICATION AND RELEASE. By entering, each entrant represents and warrants to 501 that the entry is (A) a true and accurate representation of actual details of the entrants’ life, (B) not a work of fiction or version of any other person’s life, and (C) not in violation of or conflict with the trademark, copyright, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or any other rights, of any kind or nature, of any other person or entity. Entrant agrees to defend and indemnify 501 for any breach of the above representations. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to indemnify, defend, release, discharge and hold harmless 501 and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotional partners and agents, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest, and the officers, directors and employees of each of the foregoing, from any and all claims and liabilities arising from or in connection with participation in this Contest, including without limitation (a) claims for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participation in this Contest or acceptance or use of any prize and (b) claims based on rights of privacy, rights of publicity, false light, defamation, copyright and/or trademark infringement relating to the submission or exploitation of the entrant’s concept.
10. RELEASE OF CLAIMS. Each entrant acknowledges that 501 engages and has engaged in the developing, writing, acquiring, producing, publishing, disseminating and/or broadcasting of literary, artistic, and other material, including stories, ideas, themes, plots, titles, treatments, formats, and concepts (collectively, the “Materials”). By receiving a prize from the Contest, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any Materials that 501 may hereafter use or exploit may have originated with 501 themselves or may have been acquired from 501’s employees or other parties, and that such Materials may duplicate, parallel or resemble the Story submitted in the Contest by the entrant. By submitting an entry, each entrant acknowledges that he or she understands and agrees that 501’s use of Materials containing features, ideas, material and/or elements similar to or identical with those contained in their entry shall not entitle the entrant to any compensation whatsoever. As an inducement to 501 to accept the entrant’s entry into the Contest, each entrant hereby waives any claim or right of action against any of the Sponsors or their successors in connection with 501’s use of any Materials (or any portions thereof) whether or not such Materials contain any features, ideas, material and/or elements similar or identical to those contained in an entrant’s entry.
11. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS. By entering the Contest, each entrant grants permission to 501 to use his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, and/or biographical information for 501’s programming, publication, publicity, advertising and all other promotional purposes without compensation, review or approval unless prohibited by law. 501 reserves the right to terminate, modify or suspend this Contest due to any act of God; unavoidable accident; epidemic; fire; blackout; act of public enemy; war, riot or civil commotion; enactment, rule, order or act of government or governmental instrumentality or tribunal; strike, lockout or other labor dispute; inclement weather; failure of technical facilities; failure of sponsors, or other cause beyond its control. 501 is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, mutilated, misdirected, mis-delivered, or delayed entries, or for technical or human errors or failures of any kind in connection with the submission, transmission, processing or judging of entries. This Contest may be cancelled at anytime. Once again, there is no cash value included in this prize.
12. GOVERNING LAW. This Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of Arkansas, regardless of any choice of law conflicts. All cases and claims pertaining to this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the State of Arkansas.
13. MODIFICATION OF CONTEST RULES. 501 may at anytime edit, change, delete, strike, or otherwise modify these Rules at anytime. The Official Contest Rules are those posted on this official web-site of 501: www.501lifemag.com .
13. SPONSOR. 501 Advertising and Publishing, L.L.C., 701 W. Chestnut, Conway, Arkansas 72032. Please contact for further information