15 Jul Volunteers sought for cancer prevention study
If you’ve never had cancer, and are ages 30 to 65, an American Cancer Society research study needs you Tuesday, Aug. 6, through Saturday, Aug.10.
It is the final area enrollment for Cancer Prevention Study-3 or CPS-3. There is no cost.
The nationwide cancer study is in its third generation. Its predecessors, CPS-1 and CPS-2, began in the 1960s and 1980s.
Central Arkansas residents who qualify are encouraged to enroll today by visiting cps3conway.org to make an appointment and complete a confidential health survey.
At their personal appointment, Aug. 6-10, participants will be asked to:
- Sign an informed consent form.
- Complete a brief survey.
- Provide a waist circumference measurement.
- Give a small blood sample similar to a routine doctor’s visit.
Society researchers hope to better understand what may cause or prevent cancer.
Enrollment is limited to these locations and dates:
- Tuesday, Aug. 6: Conway Regional Medical Center, 2302 College Ave., 7 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 7: Conway Public Library, 1900 Tyler St., noon to 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 7: Greenbrier City Event Center, #5 Lois Lane, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 8: Antioch Baptist Church, 150 Amity Rd., Conway, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 8: Conway Regional Medical Center, 2302 College Ave., 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 10: Antioch Baptist Church, 150 Amity Rd., Conway, 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Learn more at cps3conway.org or call 1.888.604.5888.