17 Jun 2019 Unity Health Foundation names scholarship recipients
The Unity Health Foundation recently announced the recipients of the 2019 Foundation Auxiliary Scholarships at the annual Auxiliary Awards Luncheon held in the Hubach Conference Center at Unity Health – White County Medical Center. Each recipient received a scholarship of $1,000 presented by Unity Health Foundation Executive Director Cassandra Feltrop.
“We are so honored to work with our Auxiliary each year on the scholarships for students entering healthcare-related fields,” said Cassandra. “They are committed to providing the funds for the scholarships and have a committee who evaluates the applications and selects the winners. Our hopes are that the scholarship recipients will return to work at Unity Health upon completion of their degrees.”
The Auxiliary Scholarship Selection Team seeks students who plan to study one of the many healthcare-related fields. The Foundation Auxiliary Scholarships were established as a memorial for a loved one, in memory of or in honor of individuals who made great contributions to medicine in White County. The Unity Health – White County Medical Center Auxiliary provides funds for the scholarships each year.
Students and their families attended the luncheon to receive their scholarships. The selection team chooses recipients based on specific criteria including financial need, academic achievements, community involvement and the desire to work in the healthcare field.
The students receiving Foundation Auxiliary Scholarships for 2019:
- Brock Seth Decker, Arkansas Virtual Academy – Houston Butler Memorial Scholarship
- Abbie Faith Douglas, Unity Health Associate – Barbara Brown Memorial Scholarship
- Abigail Nicole Dugger, Bald Knob High School – Thelma Quattlebaum Memorial Scholarship
- Alexis C. Foster, Riverview High School – Dr. Martin Hawkins Memorial Scholarship
- Jewel M. Hernandez, Searcy High School – Roger Mills Memorial Scholarship
- Caroline Grace Metheny, Harding Academy – Juanita Morgan Memorial Scholarship
- Molly Claire Parker, Searcy High School – Kandace Muncy Memorial Scholarship
- Kamie L. Provence, Searcy High School – Dr. Thomas Formby Memorial Scholarship
- Jessica Rios, Riverview High School – Albert Pilkington, Jr., Memorial Scholarship
- Riley Paige Sisson, Bald Knob High School – Michael Lynn Memorial Scholarship
- Landon Hays Shourd, White County Central – Charles Yingling Memorial Scholarship
- Kassidy Grace Webster, Beebe High School – Floyd Holifield Memorial Scholarship
- Daniel Walter Williams, Harding Academy – Dr. Porter Rodgers, Jr., Scholarship
- Mary Catherine Worsham, Unity Health Associate – Debbie Cantrell Memorial Scholarship
- Grace A. Ziegenbalg, Searcy High School – Dr. A. R. Brown Memorial Scholarship
The Unity Health Foundation Scholarship Program is open each spring to all area high school seniors, as well as Unity Health associates who are furthering their education and children of associates.