17 Nov 2021 CBC blows out Bacone for Kohnke’s first win
CONWAY — Coming off a hard-fought overtime game their last time out, Central Baptist College men’s basketball took on the Warriors of Bacone College tonight at A.R. Reddin Fieldhouse. CBC (1-4) led by 16 at the half and shot 59 percent from the floor in the second half to cruise to their first win of the season over BC (0-9).
Seven Mustangs scored in double figures on the night. Jordan Parker notched his first career double-double in the game and CBC never trailed in the contest.
- Every Mustang played tonight and all 10 scored at least three points
- Kelvin Robinson topped all scorers with 18
- Justin Van Pelt had 17 off the bench
- Mayan Kiir had 16 points
- Parker had 13 points and 10 rebounds
- Niles Smith notched a career-high 13 points
- Hayden Peterson knocked down four triples and had 12 points
- Jalen Adams put in 11 off the bench
- Blake Bradshaw grabbed a career high 12 rebounds
- CBC had 29 assists on 45 field goals, led by six assists from Adams
- The Mustangs won the rebounding battle 58-25
- The 113 points is tied for the fifth most in a game in program history and barely missed the 115 CBC scored against Bacone last season
- 58 rebounds is a season-high and tied for the sixth most rebounds in a single game
- 45 made field goals is the third most ever in a game by the Mustangs
- CBC shot 53 percent from the floor on the game and 41 percent from three
CBC heads to Peru, Neb., on Friday for the first game in the Heart-AMC Showdown. Tipoff against Peru State is scheduled for 8 p.m. and you can find all the coverage if you like and follow @gocbcmustangs on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.