31 Jan 2023 A Superior Valentine
Valentine’s Day parties are fun for any age, and the residents at Superior Health & Rehab in Conway recently enjoyed a celebration that will fill their hearts with joy all month!
“We’ve brought the annual King and Queen Court back this year for the first time since COVID-19,” said Bonnie Malone, who has been the Activities Director for 15 years. “This gives residents a chance to vote on who stands out during the year. It’s a special celebration for the residents and staff.”
Ballot boxes are placed around the facility, and residents vote on who they think should win in several categories. At the big event, the winners were honored with roses, stuffed hearts or teddy bears and boxes of chocolates. The king and queen, who are not married, received crowns and banners. The categories are King and Queen, First Runners-Up to King and Queen, All Smiles, Encourager, Leadership, Most Huggable, Most Helpful, Miss Congeniality and Bonnie’s Best Buddy, who is selected by Malone.
All of the tables were decorated, and the residents wore red. Famous love songs played in the background while friends, family members, representatives from sponsoring businesses and staff members visited. Many ladies wore a pink rose wrist corsage attached to a pearl bracelet. Jeff Ward of Visiting Angels was the emcee. The party lifted spirits and brought the community together.
1. All Smiles Award – Deloris Froelich and Eddie Hallum
2. Encourager Award – Jamae Moore and Larry Phillips
3. Leadership Award – Barbara Johnson and Billy Nick
4. Most Huggable Award – Emma Deal and David Fleming
5. Most Helpful Award – Mae Voegele and Clovis Freeman
6. Bonnie’s Best Buddy – Nora Yerbey (pictured with Activities Director Bonnie Malone and awarded for assisting in every activity offered at Superior.)
7. Miss Congeniality – Edabelle Vail
8. King & Queen First Runners Up –
David Horned and Carolyn Bundrick
9. King & Queen – Charles Wallace and Letha Mahan